SD4700P USB-C & USB 3.0 Universal Dual 2K Docking Station - DP & HDMI - Windows and Mac
Extending the life of your docking station investments
About This Product
For over 35 years, Kensington has been The Professionals’ Choice for desktop productivity solutions. Supporting the latest technology while extending the life of your docking solution investments, Kensington has engineered the SD4700P Universal USB-C and USB 3.0 Docking Station using the most stable and trusted technology. Accommodating the latest computers with USB-C ports while also accommodating legacy computers with USB 3.0 ports, the SD4700P Universal USB-C and 3.0 Docking Station is the ideal docking solution for computing environments transitioning to USB-C.
- Best for: USB-C or USB 3.0 Laptops & Ultrabooks and Monitors that support up to 2K
- Connection technology: USB-C or USB 3.0 (DisplayLink)
- USB-C Power Delivery: Supports USB-C PD 3.0 (60W of laptop charging)
- Compatibility: Windows 7 or above, macOS 10.14
- No of monitors supported: 2
- Video ports: 1 x HDMI v1.3 and 1 x DisplayPort v1.1 ++ (Passive cables/adapters for HDMI or DVI conversion)
- Maximum resolution supported: Single monitor - 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz and Dual monitors - 2048 x 1152 @ 30Hz
- Plug & Play: DisplayLink driver installation required. Download software from kensington.com or via Windows update.
- System requirements: USB-C host device must support Power Delivery. Power Delivery is not supported on USB 3.0 host devices.
- Warranty: 3 Years
- macOS X 10.14
- Windows 7 or above
- Connections: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) Female
- Mounting Option: VESA Mount Compatible: Mounting plate (K33959WW) for 75mm or 100mm VESA layouts sold separately
- Number of Screen Outputs: 2
- Security Slot Compatibility: Kensington Security Slot
Weights and Dimensions
- Height: 30mm / 1.2"
- Width: 200mm / 7.9"
- Depth: 91mm / 3.6"
Universal Docking Station
A savvy technology investment for evolving and mixed computer environments, the SD4700P connects to any laptop equipped with USB-C or USB 3.0, and supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Deploying a universal dock has never been easier. The SD4700P offers quick connections to transfer audio, video, data and power (supported USB-C devices only). Supporting clean and clutter-free workspaces, while also accommodating roaming computer environments and flexible workspaces, the SD4700P was designed with simplicity in mind.
Providing support for flexible video connections, the SD4700P will support up to 2560x1600 for a single monitor or 2048x1152 for dual monitors.
Six USB Ports
Extending the productivity capabilities of today’s thin laptops, the SD4700P provides one USB-C port, and five USB 3.0 ports, one of which is a 2.1A fast-charging port to power up a tablet or smartphone.
135W Power Supply Adapter
Providing ample power for the dock and up to 60W of power for devices connected via Power Delivery (PD) USB-C, the SD4700P is a powerful dock.
Combo 3.5mm Headphone & Microphone Jack
Connect your favourite headset with ease.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Provides a reliable 1Gb wired networking connection between computers for faster downloads from the corporate intranet or internet.
Kensington Security Slot
Allows you to easily implement a cable lock from the No. 1 brand in physical device security to protect your technology investment from potential thieves.
Zero Footprint Mounting
The dock can be mounted to the back of any VESA-compatible external display (mounting plate (K33959WW) sold separately), allowing you to keep your desktop less cluttered.
Free Kensington DockWorks™ Software
Enables the best connection, performance and security from your Kensington dock.
Optional 60W Power Splitter (K38310AU)
While the SD4700P Docking Station already provides Power Delivery (PD) for USB-C enabled devices supporting PD, the optional 60W USB 3.0 Power Splitter (K38310AU) allows for a truly universal solution that will power your USB 3.0 enabled laptops through the same docking station – providing your business with a scalable and standardised docking solution as you cross over from USB 3.0 to USB-C enabled mobile devices.